Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

I am so glad we've leaped into a new year!!! I couldn't be happier that 2008 is over. I don't ever remember wishing a year goodbye as heartily as I said goodbye to last year. 

I think my favorite thing about last year is all the traveling I did with Daniel. We got away by ourselves more last year than at any other time and for that I am grateful. I also got into contact with an extraordinary number of people from my past in the last year. Most of it was not something I orchestrated either which I think was interesting. All that made my year nice..... 

However, I have high hopes for 2009!!!

We are down to 3 days before surgery. Yes, I am feeling mixed emotions. Apprehension is increasing for sure. I find myself much more sensitive than normal and overwhelmed much easier than usual. I know it is just the extra emotion of the season. I've never experienced anything like this before. We have both received a peace about the surgery itself. I know I will come thru it just fine, the care I will receive is supposed to be the best, for all that I am grateful. As I mentioned before my heart is a bit sick though. Please be praying for me in that.

Daniel is officially off for 2 weeks now. His brother Jon flies in on Monday to be with us for the surgery and to get a chance to pray with us and for us before hand.... I'm so grateful for his thoughtfulness in coming, it will really help.

We will find out more details on Monday I imagine. For now, thank you for praying. We'll keep everyone posted.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers. Love you much!