Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thursday Jan. 8th

When I woke up on Thursday I already could feel improvement. Even though the night had been very interrupted, I felt clearer and stronger.

My parents brought the boys up to see me and they weren't sure what to do. They were pretty shocked to see me in bed with a giant bruise on my forehead, but the warmed up quickly and enjoyed seeing the room.

The surgeon came in. He said the tumor itself came out very very easily. It was rather soft and he was able to get a good look around without much trouble. He was very confident that they had gotten it all. I am still amazed that there could be that much activity in my head and I don't even have a headache!!! I expected to feel pretty rotten for quite a while. My eyes were tired and my nose feels like I have a really stuffy nose, but that is it! I can already feel the pressure gone behind my eyes that I lived with for so long.....

By breakfast I was able to eat cereal, an egg and some muffins..... I napped just briefly a couple of times that day, but other than that I felt amazing. Didn't get to get up at all until later that night, began getting sick of the tubes, especially the catheter and the drip line in my arm. All in all I had a couple of tylenol that day but felt sooo much better.

Every nurse I had, every doctor, even the janitors who came to the room and the transport technicians, everyone, without exception was so kind and gracious and compassionate. I have not seen or heard of that kind of kindness and care ever!!! It was extraordinary!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so awesome!! :)