Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Day


We are great. I told Daniel this morning that there aren't many people that can have the experience I have had. In one year I felt like I aged 15 - 20 years. My face changed so much, it got difficult to try to look beautiful, especially toward the end, my eyes got puffy, the lines underneath were deep and my nose and forehead had grown. In the 5 or 6 days since surgery I have decreased in age about 20 years!!!!!  It has been astounding. I hadn't put any makeup on for about 4 days and then yesterday I did my hair and put my makeup on and I was shocked! When I walked out of the bathroom Daniel just stared at me. He was amazed at how much I had changed and how quickly I had changed back!!! 

My parents left today and they did so much to help us get started in the moving process. They cleaned appliances, and windows and all kinds of things that would have taken me days and days to do. Now we are moving ahead with our next adventure. We are planning on being out of Santa Ynez and moved by Valentine's weekend which is just 5 weeks away!!!

I have a follow up appointment this Thursday and then another one in 2 weeks and then we are done!!! I feel amazing. Still need to do more resting than usual, but my nose is finally clearing out and I can breath thru it, it is still draining a bit, but it's expected to do that for 2 weeks from surgery. I have felt a challenge to my equilibrium a bit because of the ears being affected by the sinus stuff.... All in all I am sooo happy and unbelievably relieved that this season is over. 

We are marveling at the Lord's goodness and His divine instruction in resting, waiting, and the timing of surgery and moving and insurance.... too much for us to have planned ourselves. Looking at it from the vantage point it has truly been a dance!!!

Please keep us in prayer. We have lots to do and wrap up here in the next few weeks and we are planning to buy a house in Bend, something we have never done before. All of that is quite overwhelming, but considering the thing we just weathered, not something we are afraid of. We know the Lord will dance with us all the up to Bend and beyond. 

We just have to keep letting Him lead.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!
I have always thought of you as beautiful...so much so that I never noticed any changes. In fact, so many times I would see you singing in church and think "Heather is SO beautiful!". I am thankful to know you and have you praying for us. See you soon!

Tiffany said...

I am soooooo happy for you!!!!! you are a beautiful woman inside and out... I'm so glad for all God has done for you I want to do jumping jacks out in the street in honor of you!!! woo hoo!!! love you girl....