Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One week and counting

Here we are, it's the final day of 2008 and I am thrilled to see this year go!!!!!

I listened to a message yesterday and the pastor asked the congregation; "who has faced something in this last year that could be characterized as the most difficult trial of your life?"
Many many people raised their hands... We feel the same way. 2008 has been a year of our greatest challenge. When the year began they were saying it was the year of new beginnings and in many ways I suppose our year has been marked by great change. The Lord commissioned us to move on from this valley up to Oregon, something we are looking forward to. 

All I can say about starting a new year is BRING IT!

So, Monday I spent a 10 hour day traveling to UCLA and back for extensive blood tests (took 2 1/2 hours) and then my final MRI. Daniel and the boys occupied themselves at Universal City Walk and enjoyed themselves, but when we got home we were all exhausted. 

Tonight is New Year's Eve and I will begin my hibernation. I am quarantining myself so that I don't risk getting sick before surgery next week. I was realizing today that whether the Lord heals me before surgery or we face surgery, no matter what, this battle will be over in just a week!!! That is amazing! I'm really happy about that. 

We have found some new tools that have inspired and encouraged us. One of them is a worship leader named Jonathan David Helser. If you haven't heard of him I would encourage you to get a hold of his CD, google his name, go on my space and get on his... whatever, all I know is that his music is amazingly anointed! I listened to him all day on Monday on my ipod and it was what got me thru. 

Thank you for praying. 
We are ready. 
Here we go.


No comments: