Saturday, January 10, 2009

Summary of miracles

After a long battle for healing and then having it end in surgery, there has to be a way of returning to hope in the Lord, processing all that you've experienced and allowing Him to minister hope to your soul again.

We were reviewing all the things that didn't happen.

#1 - I didn't have any trouble with surgery. It went faster and smoother than expected. They said up to 4 hours of surgery, it only took 2. They were concerned with Spinal meningitis being a possibility if the tumor had affected the spinal column and they had to tap into that then there would be spinal fluid leakage and they would take some fat from my belly (lovely) and "plug" that hole. None of that happened! 
The surgeon was able to get a good look around inside because of this new technology of endoscopic procedure that he was more confident that ever that he got it all. He said the tumor had grown around the carotid artery but that he was able to dissect around the area and was confident he got all.... something he wouldn't have been able to do last year with the old procedure.

#2 - Recovery was much quicker than they expected. There is a risk of something called "diabetes insipidous" long term for when the body doesn't turn the liquid you drink into urine, but just passes it thru.... I did not have that!!!

#3 - They were astounded at the lack of pain. They kept trying to give me vicadin, something I hate to take because I feel so loopy on it. I was able to take Tylenol with great affect. 

#4 - early discharge. Way earlier than I expected.

The only sadness for me was that they had to cut off my rings during surgery. When I woke up in post op Daniel told me they had to cut them off for fear of hurting my hand if it got swollen during surgery. Amazingly though they cut it with just one clip on both rings and they seem easily fixed.

For now I'm resting. No limitation of what I can eat or drink. I do have to be careful not to do things like clean my house and drive... guess I'll have to be pampered for a few days :o) 

Thank you all for praying. After a year of prayer being invested into this season not just by us but by most of you, I am astounded at God's goodness! He loves us and He is caring for us with astounding care. He has been so near and already I can feel my body returning to normal. 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of your love and prayers. Looking forward to more miracles to come!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for His goodness and His faithfulness! I am in awe of his wonderful and amazing love for us! I love the summary of miracles!! AMAZING!!! Thank you Lord! :)
I was thinking of you each day and praying for you. I wanted to come see you but didn't want to get in the way or be a bother. I'll have to send you the cd. :) Send me your address when you get a chance. ;) I love you friend and so excited for this NEW season of your life!!!