Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Ethan

Ethan. My warrior. My dreamer. My musician. My lover-boy. My passionate son. Today he is turning 7 years old. Every year that goes by I say... "I can't believe you are 4...5... 6 and now 7!

Ethan has been wanting a few things for his birthday. He wanted a drum set, a necklace with a cross on it and some fake moustaches. He is my performer. He loves to be in front of people. So Daniel and I have been noticing an amazing sense of rhythm in this boy. Even before he was a year old he was drumming and keeping a beat that seemed impossible for one so small. We'd set up boxes or pots or whatever and he'd go for it. This year we decided it was time for a real drum set. We took him to pick it out on Thursday and he is just in heaven. It is very fun to hear him practicing down in the garage and see him walk up the stairs with a glazed look of sheer joy when he is done.

Stayed tuned for more pictures.

Thank you Lord for the gift of my children!



1 comment:

Mariam said...

You guys are incredible parents to allow your ears to be assaulted for a few years while your son works on becoming a rythm genious. I admire that, not many kids get to start forming their passions at such a young age and I really think it's wonderful that you guys are encouraging him so much. Dan and I both were encouraged to pursue our musical dreams and I know for me it's such an integral part of who I am. Someday Ethan will shower you with his gratitude. Maybe he already is.