Friday, July 11, 2008

Some questions

I thought I'd take some time to answer a few questions we get asked on a regular basis so that you all will feel a little more up-to-date with us as we continue toward healing.

#1 Are you still seeing a Dr.? No, I am not under the continued care of a Dr. I will go in for my annual check ups etc. with my ob/gyn, but as far as the surgeon, endocrinologist or physicians at UCLA, I am not seeing them for "updates" on this tumor. I didn't see a need as they would just tell me the same thing they did at the beginning.

#2 Will we ever consider surgery? Only if the Lord says to. Yes, we are open to that, although I can't imagine going down a road this far and having to make that decision for surgery, but we continue to stay open to the Lord, we never assume anything, including that surgery is not an option.

#3 Is it growing? According to the original diagnosis of agromagaly, the tumor will continue to grow. 

#4 Once it's gone will it come back? No. The Doctor said this type does not return once it is removed, unless it isn't removed completely.

#5 Is it malignant? No, this type of tumor is not malignant. Thank you Jesus.

#6 Can  you feel it? No, most days I don't know it is there. Except for the discomfort of a ring that doesn't come off I really don't realize it is there. Some days I feel a bit of pressure behind my eyes, but not often.

#7 What is your time frame? We have no time frame. Our lives are in the Lord's care and He is taking very good care of us.

#8 How can we pray? Please pray for healing first of all. Even if you have no faith for that, we do, so pray anyway :o) Also, for wisdom and peace and direction. 


Hope this helps some. Thanks for the Love and concern and most of all for the prayers. If you are reading this, you have most likely been invited into our lives by us personally or by someone who loves us, in that case please know we love you and appreciate your love for us.


No comments: