Friday, July 11, 2008

More amazing insight

God totally rocks. Can I just say I have been amazed at the revelations He is giving us. One thing I can say about trials is that they draw us deeper and make us still so that our ear is very attentive to what He is saying and our hearts are very open to what He wants to do. He has my undivided attention.

One of my favorite books as of late is Malachi. It's a funny little book, the last one in the Old Testament and if you've never read it I challenge you to take a look... it has the potential to rock your world. Especially Chapter 3 and 4. But I'm not going to get into Malachi today....

The Lord has been talking to me through Hebrews this week. Hebrews has always been one of my favorite books and no matter how many times I read these amazing books packed into the Bible I am always changed, always seeing new things.

This week I was reading Chapter 2 of Hebrews. This particular section is talking about Jesus and declaring His victory in everything. The 7th and 8th verse says: 

"You made Him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honor and put everything under his feet.' In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him. But we see Jesus...."

I have this section underlined over and over in my Bible. It's so amazing and answers exactly what I am facing!!! It talks about Jesus and how the Lord crowned Him with glory and honor and gave Him terrific authority over EVERYTHING! Then it says, so hey, if Jesus has authority over everything and He is amazingly good and kind then why are there still horrible things that happen? 

It doesn't necessarily answer the "why" of it all, but it does tell us where to put our focus. But we see Jesus!!!! That is my journey in a nutshell. I know that God has made everything and has given his Son for us and has subject everything to be under the authority of Him..... even though it looks like everything isn't under His authority, we have to keep our eyes on Jesus and eventually His glory will outshine every other thing.



No comments: