Monday, June 30, 2008

Suddenly

Whenever we get the chance to get away to a conference of some kind I always like to take the time to find out what I received while I was there because I know that it isn't always what I thought it would be.

At the beginning of September we were at a conference and a person we did not know and who did not know us or our situation came up to us and told us, "I feel like the Lord is saying that your answer is coming in 9 months"... at that time we didn't realize we were dealing with a brain tumor, so at first I thought maybe I was pregnant. We were so excited. When we realized I wasn't pregnant we began asking the  Lord about that word. I was so tempted to be discouraged. Then the Lord gave me peace and has not let me forget that word.

June is the 9 month mark. Today is the last day of June. Now, I know how prophecy works. I could take that word and say, "Well that guy missed it"... or I could say "I must have done something to make that word null and void in my life" or I could say "the Lord really doesn't care and he is either going to leave me in this state or I'm going to have to get surgery and have to consider these 9 months a complete loss..." 

Believe me, all of those thoughts have crossed my mind. But then I remember who God is and what He is saying about my situation. Psalm 62 says "One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving."

That is very good news. Not only is God strong, but He is loving. If He were only strong then I would trust his strength but not be able to hope that His strength would be exercised on my behalf. If He were only loving then I would enjoy his love and pleasure in me but just as my husband loves me he can't do anything about this tumor. Thankfully, the Lord is loving and Strong. That not only gives me joy, it gives me amazing peace.

So, I heard this awesome teaching this last week about the idea of "suddenly" in the Word of God. I am looking for the "suddenly" when the Lord will break into my circumstance. It's like pregnancy. It takes a process to actually get pregnant and then it takes time during the pregnancy for the actual birth, but when labor hits, it all culminates in a "suddenly" moment when that baby arrives.
 
Isaiah 48:3 "I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass."

I was discouraged last night. Especially about the fact that this process has been so public. I don't want it to end in anything but the fulness of what the Lord has said. The Lord comforted me with this scripture this morning. He said, first you make  prophetic declaration, in my case it was "I am canceling surgery because God is going to heal me", then you make a proclamation over and over again, making the declaration known, "I know God wants to heal me, He hasn't healed me yet, but I know He will". Then when the Lord brings the opportunity you act and the thing will come to pass. The "suddenly" in this passage was quite a process. It doesn't seem like a "suddenly" at all. But that is just the idea, that when we wait, patiently endure, hear the Lord, stand, believe, press in, grow..... the "suddenly" explodes out and our miracle breaks forth.

So, my prayer is that the "suddenly" will break through. You know you are ready for your baby to come when you look forward to the pain of labor to begin. I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant and I'm looking for the "labor" to begin.

No comments: