Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

My Dad Rocks!!! He and Mom just stopped by, quite literally on their way to a conference. It was so fun to see them, even though it was for less than 24hrs. The boys were surprised and elated to see Saba and Safda. I was delighted to get to hand Dad his Father's day card and hug him instead of having to mail it.

My Dad has always been amazingly generous. Generous with his time (I think he mentors 3 or 4 people right now) and generous with his belongings. He lives with a Kingdom mindset. He keeps the things of God before him at all times. His battle against cancer has inspired and encouraged me beyond anything I can put into words. He didn't battle it the "normal" way, when he received the diagnosis he fought with Word of God and by God's amazing grace he won!!! He is one of my heroes and I grow in love and respect for him everyday.

Our boys love sitting with Saba and making creative things. This trip it was paper airplanes and they loved it.

One thing I love most about him is his sensitivity to the Word of God. I can't remember a time when he has preached where he didn't allow the Word of God to pierce his heart and he always cries! I Love that!!! I'm convinced that he is one of God's favorite ones!


My other favorite Dad is my sweet husband. Daniel has loved being a Daddy from the moment we knew Ethan was on the way. When we first married he, like most men, never thought about fatherhood, but there is no one who has taken on a role and worn it with more grace and pride and my sweetie. 

He only wanted 2 kids when we got married, I thought 4 sounded like a nice number so we compromised and decided on 3. Since this battle with my body has stolen our ability to "choose" when and how many children we get to have, our longing for more has only increased. The Lord has told both of us that we will have a daughter and I ache to see the day that he gets to have that joy.

My favorite sound is the squeals of pure joy when my boys wrestle with their daddy. The boys squeal too :o) 

Daniel preached at church this morning. He spoke on what Father God looks like and how we can see the perfect representation of the Father in the Son, Jesus Christ. How salvation and healing are two sides of the same coin. He did an Amazing job. He spoke out of his experience and his heart and it was not only powerful, but a beautiful revelation of the great great love of God the Father. I've never heard a better Father's Day message. You can listen to it on our podcast, gw4s.com,  it will be available later this week.

Daniel has been my cheerleader and my coach as we've walked this very scary and very crazy journey toward healing. Whenever I'm down he never preaches or condemns, he only reminds me of what the Lord has said and together we receive His peace.


 I don't want to leave out my father in law. Neal is amazing. He loves like no one I have ever met. He loves in the face of rejection, he loves in the face of love and he loves in the face of anger. He is the most pastor-ly pastor I have ever met. Our boys LOVE their Papa. He is fun incarnate!  We have the joy and privilege of living next to them. Whenever the boys hear Papa's voice they jump up and yell "Hey papa, come up and play".... Neal is always up for the boys even when he's had a horrible day. He is so good about not carrying his bad day home.

Daniel and I are getting away next week for 5 days and the boys are staying with Papa and nana and they are giddy with excitement. I know my house will be a wreck when we get home, but I know our boys will filled with joy and exhausted!!!!


I don't want to leave out my Grandpa. I am so thrilled that I have one living grandparent left. My mom's dad Eldon is in his 80's and he is still going strong. He loves people and I think he might be the most popular man at the retirement community he lives in. Grandpa has a heart of compassion and he calls me regularly to check on me. He is selfless and humble and definitely my favorite grandpa.


Happy Father's Day to all you amazing Dad's I feel so blessed to have so many in my life.

No comments: