Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Food cont.

So as I finished reading my last blog on food I realized I didn't finish it. The scripture in Romans goes on to say the best part.....

"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Hope does not disappoint.... but what about all the unanswered prayers? What about all this hope deferred I still have?

Another thing I've learned is that 1 negative story of an unanswered prayer or a premature death or disappointment can cancel out 50 stories of healing and miraculous intervention. That is just the way we are as humans. We tend to focus on the negative, on the tragedy. It feeds our fears. It feeds our insecurities.

I have to keep my gaze steadily on His and fight the fight he has equipped me to win. I am confident that He has given me everything I need to not just weather this storm, but to come thru to the other side totally victorious, I just have to figure out what weapons in my arsenal to use at the appropriate times.

For example today I am in pain, it's slight but there nonetheless. I can go into that pain and allow it to steal my peace and joy and confidence in what the Lord has said, or I can stand on the Word of God. I begin quoting the scriptures the Lord has given me specifically and I speak them to myself until I believe them. One of my favorite scriptures is 1 Cor. 1:28 "the things that are not will nullify the things that are." So I pray "Lord I thank you that the healing that I do not see yet will nullify the pain I am feeling." "I thank you that the answer you have said is coming will nullify this tumor."

It always brings me peace and joy and confidence to be reminded that he is my healer, my Jehovah rapha.

No comments: