Saturday, May 24, 2008

A great anniversary

Today is my mom's birthday. It's also the 2nd anniversary of my dad's devastating diagnosis of cancer. The reason I mention this is because they have paved the way for Daniel and I to walk out what we know is true in healing.

When my dad got this horrible diagnosis both he and mom did something that I've been in awe of. They stood! They stood in the confidence that the Lord heals and I am thrilled to say that today my dad is 100% healed!!!!

Neither one of them ever wavered in unbelief. Neither one of them withered in helplessness. There were days of fear, there were times of doubt, but they always went back to the Word of God and regained their footing and kept standing on the Word of God. My dad felt the Lord tell him not to do chemotherapy or radiation. He changed his diet and began declaring the Word of God over himself and his situation and today he has been healed and is a living testimony of the Goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

I will forever be grateful for their faith and amazing example of believing that God really is as good as we hope He is!

No comments: