Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Daddy

Today is my Dad's birthday. Thought I'd just brag about him for a few minutes. For those of you who read this and know my dad You will already know much of what I'm going to say. For those of you who have only met my dad there is  good chance that you have had a glimpse of how amazing he is because he is very transparent and easy to know. For those of you who have never met my dad, I feel sorry for you.

His heritage includes an adoring wife of 40+ years. 3 kids and 3 kids in law, 10 grandkids here and 3 in heaven.... and countless friends.

My dad is easily the most amazing man I have ever known. There is only one other man who can come close to comparing to him and that is my husband. When I was a little girl I knew that whomever the Lord had for me to marry he had to be comparable to my dad and if he wasn't, he wouldn't be in the running. When I met Daniel there was so much about him that reminded me of my dad that I knew he could be the one. I'm grateful I was right.

My dad has overcome obstacles that could have stunted a smaller man forever, but my dad has risen above them. One of things that I've been most amazed by is that he doesn't just plan for his future with my mom in his daily decisions, he plans for his children and grand children. He picks a grandchild to pray for each day of the month and spends that day praying for him or her. He truly knows that the decisions he makes will affect generations after him. 

My dad is one of my heroes. He recently battled cancer (which I've mentioned before) and battled with the Word of God. He spends many of his mornings mentoring other men. He is an elder in their church and takes that responsibility very seriously. He prays for his pastors and church family members regularly.

Often times when we talk he tells me he is fasting and praying for me. I know he has fasted for my healing more than I have.... that is true father. He has shown me the heart of Father God in his parenting and has made it very easy for me to relate to Papa God because I have such an amazing example of Him in my dad.

Often times his birthday gets pushed to the side because it's 2 days after Christmas, but in my heart I could never say enough about this man who I have been so blessed to call my daddy.

Happy Birthday Dad! I'm so proud of you. I pray this new year will be full of more revelations of the Father's heart for you than any previous year. 

I love you Daddy.


No comments: