Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Anniversaries

Today is my parents anniversary.... I wish I were a good enough daughter to be able to tell you exactly how many years they have been married, but I figure it's about 41 or 42......  Daniel and I are getting ready to celebrate 9 years and I as much as I love my husband and as well as I know him I look forward to knowing more, and more, the way I would know him after 40 years of marriage. I can't wait until I can say that I've been married to him longer than I haven't.

My parents love each other like few others I have seen. I have always been inspired by their love. They are more peaceful when they are together, they know that they complete each other and it shows when they are together. There are some couples who just get on each others nerves and you can tell they make everyone around them nervous or worse yet, miserable.... Thankfully that is NOT my parents. 

Dad and Mom have weathered so many storms in these 40+ years. The greatest storms have seemed to come in the last decade. The loss of parents, a battle with cancer, they have seen their children suffer illness but instead of fear they face each battle with the skill of trained warriors. They inspire each of us to be stronger, braver and better than we ever could be on our own without such inspiration. 

Their legacy includes 3 children who love the Lord with all their heart. 3 children who are all happily married, and serving the Lord alongside our spouses. And of course they are the very proud grandparents of 10 grandchildren, all of whom adore "Sabba and Safda" the Hebrew names for grandpa and grandma. They are also the spiritual parents and grandparents of dozens and dozens of others, the extent of their legacy they will not realize on this earth.

Happy anniversary Dad and Mom, I love you.


No comments: