Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ethan is 9


My big guy turned 9 a couple days ago! Truly seems impossible that Ethan is 9 now.
This is him on the first day of 3rd grade. He loves being in school, he is my social butterfly, loves people, loves life. He is a clown and enjoys being center stage but he is also extremely sweet and enjoys his friends and family. He is especially taken with his new sister. She lights up when he comes in the room and begs for his attention with squeaks and grunts and then when he gives her his attention he is greatly rewarded with smiles.

Being a mommy has never been more of a joy. I couldn't have anticipated the journey it's been. 9 years ago I received one of the greatest commissions of my life, to see children raised up to be Godly, loving, amazing additions to society. I was created for this! This is the only job I ever wanted and I love it!

Ethan's birthday is also a bittersweet anniversary for me personally. His 6th birthday was the day I was officially diagnosed with the brain tumor. To see where I am 3 amazing years later, to see all that God has done, has delivered me from and taught me is astounding to say the least! What a treasure this journey has been.

Learning more everyday and loving life! I am truly so blessed!

Living in true riches!


No comments: