Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We're back

Not sure if anyone is even out there still. I've missed blogging terribly. I think I felt like I didn't have much to blog about anymore... our lives have calmed down so much and fallen into a beautiful lull of sweet simplicity.

I haven't blogged for 8 months so I had better begin with some pretty major updating.

First and most importantly we have added our newest addition. Grace Elizabeth Burgess. Born March 12, 2010. The sweetest most perfect little bundle of love. She is now 5 months and full of more joy and peace than any lovely bundle could possibly be. She has a quiet personality, loves to sit and observe life, especially her brothers who absolutely adore her. When she wakes up from sleep they are the first ones there saying "Good Morning cutie"! Oh how my heart swells with joy at their love for their sweet sister.

Daniel is working like crazy. He is still painting for my dad's business and he is holding up the business for the summer for my dad.

Which brings me to his situation. Dad has bravely fought and won a battle with cancer!!! He began having some recurring pain from a tumor that he was diagnosed with 4 years ago, when he had another MRI in May it showed that the tumor had grown and needed to come out. Since they don't do surgery on the tailbone they decided radiation was the best way to get rid of it. In the process Dad continued to work like a dog. He is now on the other side of the radiation and we are praising the Lord because the cancer had not progressed into the bone marrow!!! So amazing considering the tailbone where the cancerous tumor was located is one of the places that bone marrow is manufactured! The Dr. was astounded that there was no cancer in the bone and we know it was miraculous!! God is so profoundly good.

In exactly 2 weeks from today my boys will be heading off to school. Last year was Ethan's first year in public school and I continued to homeschool Micah. This year we felt like both we to be in public school, so on Sept. 7th Ethan will be going into the 3rd grade and Micah into the 2nd grade!!! They are beside themselves with excitement. I have mixed feelings. I have loved having them home this summer, and I have enjoyed homeschooling, but they need more than I can give them here at home and we live in such an amazing school district that I felt it was time.

With the changing of this schedule I am having to reinvent myself. I haven't been a stay at home mom of a preschooler in many years and it will be so fun having her all to myself and actually getting to do things like clean my house and go shopping without lots of little ones to undo or make harder those jobs!

As for my health I am finally feeling 100%. I had to deliver Gracie cesarian section so the recovery from that was overwhelmingly hard. I tell everyone that brain surgery was a piece of cake compared to that!! But I am finally recovered and my body has rejuvenated from morning sickness and brain surgery... I feel better than I have felt in about 3 years!!! I have energy and stamina and a desire for life again. God has truly restored and I can't imagine having faced all that we faced without his amazing Grace.

So here we are. Truly truly enjoying the beautiful mercies he has given us every morning. Life is so good.

No comments: